Customer Personal Data Management and Protection
- 1. Hotel Marina Riviera commitment to protecting personal data
- 2. Main principles for protecting your personal data
- 3. Consent
- 4. What personal data is collected?
- 5. When is your personal data collected?
- 6. For what purposes?
- 7. Conditions of third-party access to your personal data
- 8. Protection of your personal data during international transfers
- 9. Data security
- 10. Access and modification
- 11. Storage of data
- 12. Updates
- 13. Questions and contacts
1. Hotel Marina Riviera SRL commitment to protecting personal data
The Hotel Marina Riviera in Amalfi wants to offer you a high quality stay on the Amalfi Coast.
Your complete satisfaction is essential to us.
That's why we have set up a policy of managing our customers' personal data to protect their privacy.
2. Main principles for protecting your personal data
Transparency: When collecting your personal data, we will communicate all information to you and inform you of the purpose and recipients of the data.
Legitimacy: We will collect and process your personal data only for the purposes described.
Relevance and accuracy: We will only collect personal data that is necessary for data processing. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we hold is accurate, up to date and not accessible to third parties.
Storage: We will hold your personal data for the period necessary for processing the same in compliance with the provisions of the law.
Access, modification, cancellation: personal data processed by us are accessible by the legitimate owners who can also modify, correct or delete them.
Confidentiality and security: We will ensure reasonable and updated technical and organizational measures are in place to protect your personal data against alteration or accidental or unlawful loss, or unauthorized use, disclosure or access.
Sharing and international transfer: We may share your personal data with third parties (such as commercial partners and/or service providers) for the purposes set out here. We will take appropriate measures to guarantee security when sharing or transferring such data.
"Personal data" means any information collected and logged in a format that allows you to be identified personally, either directly (e.g. name, surname) or indirectly (e.g. telephone number, mail address) as a natural person. Before providing us with this information, we recommend that you read this document describing our customer personal data managing policy.
4. What personal data is collected?
Data collected by our customers are:
- Contact details (for example, last name, first name, telephone number, email);
- Personal information (for example, date of birth, nationality);
- Information relating to your children (for example, first name, date of birth, age);
- Your credit card number (for transaction and reservation purposes)
- Your arrival and departure dates;
- Your preferences and interests (for example, type of newspapers/magazines, sports, cultural interests)
- Your questions/comments, during or following your stay.
The information collected in relation to persons under 18 years of age is limited to their name, nationality and date of birth, which can only be supplied to us by an adult.
In the case of personal data received by minors without the consent of a parent, the interested party can contact us (contact email firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange for this information to be deleted.
We do not deliberately collect sensitive information, such as information concerning race, ethnicity, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, union membership, or details of health or sexual orientation.
Hotel Marina Riviera may be obliged to collect such information in order to meet your requirements or provide you with an appropriate service, such as a specific diet. This information will remain strictly confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties or stored in our systems.
5. When is your personal data collected?
Personal data may be collected on a variety of occasions, including:
- Hotel activities:
Participation in marketing programs or events:
- Booking a room;
- Booking a table in our restaurant;
- Spa and massage Booking;
- Checking-in and paying;
- Eating/drinking at the hotel bar or restaurant during a stay;
- Requests, complaints and/or disputes.
Transmission of information from third parties:
- Participation in customer surveys (for example, the Guest Satisfaction Survey);
- Subscription to newsletters, in order to receive offers and promotions via email.
- Tour operators, travel agencies, GDS reservation systems, and others.
- Connection to our websites www.marinariviera.it (IP address, cookies);
- Online forms (online reservation, questionnaires, pages on social networks, etc.).
6. For what purposes?
We collect your personal data for the purposes of:
- Meeting our obligations to our customers.
- Managing the reservation of rooms and accommodation requests:
Managing your stay at the hotel:
- Creation and storage of legal documents in compliance with accounting and tax standards.
Improving our hotel service, especially:
- Monitoring your use of services (telephone, bar, pay TV etc.);
- Managing access to rooms;
- Internal management of lists of customers having behaved inappropriately during their stay at the hotel (aggressive and anti-social behavior, non-compliance with the hotel contract, non-compliance with safety regulations, theft, damage and vandalism, or payment incidents).
Managing our relationship with customers before, during and after your stay:
- Processing your personal data in our customer marketing program in order to carry out marketing operations, promote brands and gain a better understanding of your requirements and wishes;
- Adapting our products and services to better meet your requirements;
- Customizing commercial offers and the promotional messages we send to you;
- Informing you of special offers and any new services.
Use a trusted third party to cross-check, analyze and apply certain devices to your collected data at the time of booking or at the time of your stay, in order to determine your interests and your customer profile, and to allow us to send you personalized offers.
Improving Hotel Marina Riviera services, especially:
- Providing details for the customer database;
- Sending you newsletters, promotions and tourist, hotel or service offers;
- Managing requests to unsubscribe from newsletters, promotions, tourist offers and satisfaction surveys;
- Taking into account the right to object.
Securing and enhancing your use of www.marinariviera.it websites, especially:
- Carrying out surveys and analyses of questionnaires and customer comments;
- Managing claims/complaints.
Conforming to local legislation (for example, storing of accounting and tax documents).
- Improving navigation;
- Implementing security and fraud prevention.
7. Conditions of third-party access to your personal data
In order to guarantee you the right of access and amendment, we have to share your personal data with internal and external recipients subject to the following conditions:
a. In order to offer you the best service, we can share your personal data and give access to authorized personnel, including:
- Hotel staff;
- Reservation staff using our reservation tools;
- IT departments;
- Commercial partners and marketing services;
- Medical services if applicable;
- Legal services if applicable;
- Generally, any appropriate person for certain specific categories of personal data.
b. With service providers and partners: your personal data may be sent to a third party for the purposes of supplying you with services and improving your stay, for example:
- External service providers: IT sub-contractors, international call centers, banks, credit card issuers, external lawyers, dispatchers, printers.
c. Local authorities: Hotel Marina Riviera may also be obliged to send your information to local authorities if this is required by law or as part of an inquiry and in accordance with local regulations.
8. Protection of your personal data during international transfers
For the purposes set out in clause 6, we may transfer your personal data to internal or external recipients who may be in countries offering different levels of personal data protection.
Consequently, Hotel Marina Riviera employs appropriate measures to ensure secure transfer of your personal data to an external recipient located in a country offering a different level of privacy from that proposed in the country where the personal data is collected.
Other than those that are required to carry out your reservation, dataflows to countries having different levels of personal data protection are regulated by standard contractual manager-to-subcontractor clauses defined by the European Commission.
9. Data security
Hotel Marina Riviera takes appropriate technical and organizational measures, in accordance with applicable legal provisions, to protect your personal data against illicit or accidental destruction, accidental alteration or loss, and unauthorized access or disclosure. To this end, we have taken technical measures (such as firewalls) and organizational measures (such as a user ID/password system, means of physical protection etc.).
10. Access and Modification
Customers have the right to access their personal data collected by Hotel Marina Riviera and to modify them, subject to applicable legal provisions.
They may also exercise their right to object by writing to the address below:
Hotel Marina Riviera
Via Pantaleone Comite, 19
84011 Amalfi (SA)
In the event of difficulty exercising your rights, please contact the Data Privacy department directly by sending an email to: email@example.com
For the purposes of confidentiality and personal data protection, we will need to identify you in order to respond to your request. You will be asked to include a copy of an official piece of identification, such as a driver's license or passport, along with your request.
If your personal data is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date, please send the appropriate amendments to the Data Privacy department as indicated above.
All requests will receive a response as swiftly as possible and in accordance with applicable law.
11. Storage of data
We retain your personal data only for the period necessary for the purposes set out in this Charter or in accordance with the provisions of applicable law.
We may modify our personal data management policy from time to time. Consequently, we recommend that you consult it regularly, particularly when making a reservation at one of our hotels.
13. Questions and contacts
For any questions concerning our personal data protection policy, please contact the Data Privacy department firstname.lastname@example.org